A motorcycle trip requires a lot of planning and stuff to be carried along. Traditionally, motorcyclists have been carrying tank bags along. There are many things to keep in a tank bag ranging from phone charger, water bottle, a mini tool kit and some eatables too may be. However, a tank bag is not the only accessory you need to carry these days.
Here we bring you top 10 exclusive and trending accessories to satisfy your thirst for an enriching motorcycling experience –
1. BLUETOOTH INTERCOM – Riding with a group of friends was a lot more difficult before the invention of Bluetooth intercom sets. The gadget has made it extremely easy for the motorcyclists to communicate with each other while on a ride. Some advanced systems even allow you to share music with each other. The accessory is quite useful from the security point of view too as it is not much favorable to look sideways every fifteen minutes to talk to your fellow rider. One of the most valuable accessories – quite useful and a nice investment. However, you may not find it much useful if you like to explore the roads alone.
2. REFLECTIVE MOTORCYCLE GEAR AND ACCESSORIES – A lot is available in the market when it comes to motorcycle accessories and gears. From expensive branded gear to affordable ones, the choice is overwhelming. However, the emphasis here needs to be laid on the stuff the gear is made up of. Both ‘reflective’ and ‘fluorescent’ items are equally popular. The one more advisable from a security point of view are reflective ones. Reason being it reflects all the light falling on it without changing the wavelength. So, under varying circumstances, it will give you a better visibility on road. Especially if you like setting out on the road after the sun has set, then you must go for reflective motorcycle gear.
3. AIRBAG JACKET – Next on the list is an airbag jacket. Working quite similar to the airbag jackets in cars, it gives you somewhat extra protection with the air packets inflating to protect the parts more prone to damage. Here we also have a cheaper substitute – an airbag vest. You can choose any one of them.
4. TOOL KIT – You don’t need to carry your entire toolbox with each and every equipment you own every time you go out. It would be great though but you don’t need it and it is a bit impractical too. A multi-tool kit carrying just the absolutely necessary ones is the trend these days. It is a pocket-sized toolkit with tools like a socket driver, screwdriver, some wrenches etc.
5. SPORTS CAMERA – Motorcycling is an adventurous activity. The byways are scenic and you may feel the urge to capture the scenes to cherish for a lifetime. A mountable sports camera would be the perfect fit here. Mounting it on your helmet and experiencing hands-free filming would be a pleasure in itself. Whether you chose a front facing mount or a side mount depends totally on the type of helmet you are wearing and the conditions under which are riding.
6. BRAKE MODULE – A smart brake module is an electronic device which actually senses when you are slowing down and automatically makes the bright light functional. The drivers behind you can hence notice you more easily. It makes use of motion detector sensors along with an accelerometer to work. Extremely effective for improving visibility, it can help prevent many accidents. Moreover, the gadget is quite easy to install and you don’t even need professional help for the same. With a little technical knowledge of the motorcycle, you can easily install it yourself.
7. MEDIA BUTTONS – Activities like skipping songs, increasing or decreasing media volumes or even clicking photographs for that matter are something you need to perform every now and then. How convenient it would be if you have attachable media buttons on your motorcycle so that these seemingly insignificant actions could be performed at just a click of the button! Exactly. You can stick these buttons on the body of your bike.
8. MOBILE PHONE MOUNT – Using your phone for navigating the roads, or even video calling one of your close friends while riding are tasks requiring you to face the phone. However, this practically is not safe. Installing a mobile phone mount on your bike seems the only viable option here unless you are extremely comfortable handling the bike with one hand which again is not at all recommended from the security point of view.
9. TIRE INFLATOR – In case you discover your tires are running less on air, a tire inflator can come to your rescue. With improvements in technology, you don’t need to carry an air pump along. Modern tire inflators are small and compact box type gadgets running on power. Affordable and reliable, you must consider adding this one to your list.
10. GIVI BAG – Last but not the least among the motorcycle accessories is a Givi Bag. Popularly known as a Givi Bag, Givi tire repair kit is an indispensable tool, rather a must have for any motorcyclist. These bags are soft and elegant. Available in a lot of variants, these are the next trending stuff in the world of bikes.