There’s nothing like getting away from the grind of the daily drive and getting out on a dirt bike. Luckily, whether you’re an old hat or you learn to ride a bike Melbourne offers plenty of resources for riders! You don’t have to head off to a different territory or into the outback to get out on the trails. Instead, the fun can be found in your own backyard!
If you’re looking for places to ride your dirt bike in Victoria, you can hit plenty of trails and tracks, or popular locales like the Dandenong Motorcycle Club. You’ll be on the road to trail riding in no time with a few fun and necessary accessories for your bike!
Places to ride a dirt bike in Melbourne
There are plenty of options in Melbourne if you’re looking for a park, a trail or a good old complex to head to for some dirt biking adventure! Bring your bike, your bags and some great motorcycle accessories to prep for epic fun.
- Broadmeadows Motocross Park – This great destination for motocross is located just 30 minutes north of Melbourne in Campbellfield. Fortunately, you can enjoy this park whether you’re a novice or a pro! It features four tracks that range from beginner to advanced so every level of the rider has an option.
- Dandenong Motorcycle Club – This club offers courses for both juniors and seniors, which makes it the perfect destination to bring your kids if they’re learning the sport. Luckily, it’s only about 40 minutes away from Melbourne by vehicle! Your kids can test out the peewee and junior trails while you can head out to take on the trails that will challenge you.
- Nunawading & District Motocross Club – Nunawading is conveniently located in Melbourne at the corner of Burwood Highway and Morack Road. You’ll be happy to get on the motocross track over the weekend for some thrilling, fast paced adventure!
Top 3 Motorcycle accessories for dirt bikes
One of the best parts about the dirt bikes for sale Melbourne offers is that there are plenty of accessories and add-ons you can find! Whether it’s the kind of item that makes your bike beautiful or just adds oomph, the following motorcycle accessories Melbourne offers will make for a better bike experience.
- Maxima SC1 – This is the stuff that dreams of shiny dirt bikes Melbourne affords are made of! Maxima SC1 is a high-gloss coating that will be a staple in every rider’s garage sooner or later. It can easily restore the factory shine on your bike, and works as a polish and water-repellent too!
- Bolt Motorcycle Hardware Kit – The right hardware kit for your bike is the key to being prepared for off-roading adventures. And, while every accessory might not be much fun, this will keep you safe in the event that something goes awry. This kit contains 180 pieces of hardware, a full set of sprocket bolts and chain adjuster bolts and nuts.
- Oakley Airbrake MX Goggles –The right pair of glasses are really going to jazz up your ride even if they might not be considered a motorcycle accessory. Fortunately, these Oakley goggles actually happen to have a lot of what you’ll need to ride! These great frames provide protection against UVA and UVB rays, and also have a flow coat anti-fog coating.
Do you need a license to ride a dirt bike off road?
There are plenty of perks to getting out on dirt bikes Melbourne affords. However, it’s important to know what routes you can and can’t take on the back of your bike. In Victoria, there are approximately 36,000 kilometres of public roads and four-wheel drive tracks in the forests, parks and reserves. The coast is clear for those riders who are licensed and riding registered motorcycles! Riders that are unlicensed or on an unregistered bike will be limited to private land and motorcycle club venues.
There are few things more fun in the summer than getting out for a ripping good ride on the back of your dirt bike. For those who are on a mission to learn to ride a bike Melbourne offers plenty of local tracks and resources! There’s also plenty of motorcycle gear Melbourne has at hand for the more seasoned rider. Fortunately, whether your bike of choice happens to be a Yamaha or Husqvarna, this area of Australia offers plenty of locales to get out and get dirty!