Whether you’re heading for the Australian Outback or are planning a long haul to a distant destination, there’s nothing quite like getting on the back of a bike. The freedom of the road, the wind in your face and being able to go wherever the road leads offer up a thrilling sense of adventure. And, while it’s all about the freedom for most of those who like to ride, there’s something to be said for all the bells and whistles that go along with the bike!
Motorcycle maintenance might be a bit of a necessity for the novice. However, for those who have gotten used to life on the back of their bike, maintenance and a little bit of care is all a part of what it means to bike. Fortunately for those who love their two-wheeler, one of the best parts of tinkering with your bike and developing a passion for the ride is all the adventure motorcycle accessories that go along with it. Whether it’s about the basic maintenance or getting a smoother riding experience, there’s an accessory for every kind of rider out there.
If you’ve invested a lot of your budget money into the bike of your dreams, it might seem like a lot to consider accessories on top of that. However, the right Australian motorcycle accessories can make for an even better experience as you ride off into the sunset. And, with new technology and trends every year, there’s something innovative at the forefront all the time! Luckily for you, if you’re trying to choose from the best 2019 has to offer, we have some great options that you might want to put in the budget.
2018 Motorcycle Accessories Roundup
With the motorcycle accessories rollout of 2019, it’s a good idea to revisit some of the favourites from the previous year. Fortunately, if you haven’t picked up any of the following duds, they can still add a lot of oomph to your everyday riding experience!
Reflective Motorcycle Gear – It’s often fun to be seen on the back of your bike, but it’s also important to remember that it’s necessary for your personal safety! While most people are aware of fluorescent gear when riding at night, reflective motorcycle gear has its very own benefits. Since reflective gear will bounce back and reflect light off every surface, it can provide higher visibility as you go about your ride.
Airbag Jacket – Most people are familiar with what a vehicle’s airbag can do in the event of a collision. Fortunately, an airbag jacket functions in much the same way since it will automatically puff up to protect you! Many airbag jackets function by having a tether attached to the bike so your jacket will inflate if you’re disconnected. However, some versions like Dainese’s Misano 1000 use technology to determine acceleration. In the event of anything unexpected, the jacket will puff up to protect you!
Smart Brake Module – One of the most important aspects of road safety is being able to signal to other drivers what you’re doing. However, when it comes to riding a motorcycle, downshifting doesn’t mean that your brake light will light up to inform other drivers. Fortunately, a smart brake module device will automatically sense when you’re downshifting or engine braking. It might not seem like a lot, but in this case, a little illumination can add extra safety to your ride!
Smart Turn System – The great thing about technological innovation is that it can end up having a lot of benefits for your street style. Every rider knows that trying to navigate the manual turn signals on a bike can be tricky, particularly when it comes to wearing winter gloves. It can also remove your focus off the road when you need it most. Fortunately, the Smart Turn System means that you no longer have to worry about what’s going on with your signals while you try to straighten out. Instead of having to cancel your turn signal, your motorcycle will do it for you.
Satechi Media Button – Many bikers forego their favourite tunes in order to get out on their bikes for an epic ride. Luckily, the Satechi Media Button is the kind of thing that ensures you don’t have to make such a sacrifice! If you enjoy the idea of streaming music from your phone, this button will allow you to control the volume, skip over certain songs and pause or play whenever you like. Whether you want to mount it on your handlebars or a flat bike surface, the choice is up to you! Fortunately, this item also comes with two-year battery life so it’s one of the lowest expenditures you can make for a great motorcycle accessory.
What’s New in 2019?
In recent years, the sharing economy has picked up speed and hit everything from driving cars to getting takeout food. And, at long last, even motorcycling has entered the game when it comes to getting involved with sharing! It goes without saying that investing in a motorcycle can be a significant expense, but Riders Share offers avid fans of the bike a way to enjoy it without a big investment. Instead of buying your own, choose from a thousand bikes for the riding option that best suits what you’re looking for. Whether you want to rent it daily or weekly, you’ll be insured against any damage if you’re the one looking to rent.
And, while adventure bikes have certainly picked up some steam on the market, what’s available to consumers is taking off in new and unexpected directions. In October 2018, Harley-Davidson announced the creation of an electric motorcycle centre in Silicon Valley. With the push towards more environmentally friendly machines by one of the biggest brands out there, more manufacturers are likely to follow suit. It can also be a way for riders to feel a lot better about their carbon footprint when they head out on the road!
Must-Have Items for Your Bike
With every year a variety of new motorcycle accessories comes up on the market that are sure to amp up your ride and make the road a lot more fun. Fortunately, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best accessories you’ll see in 2019 so that you don’t have to wade through all of the options. Whether you’re looking for the latest technology or some great new riding gear, there’s plenty of up-to-date items to choose from.
- Aerodynamic Helmet – You may not be required to wear a helmet in every state. However, for most riders wearing a motorcycle helmet is one of the most important parts of feeling truly safe on their bike. When it comes to the options that are available out there, it’s never been a better time to invest in headgear. The latest and greatest aerodynamic helmet can help you achieve a bit more speed. Luckily, many of them will even allow you to connect to your very own Bluetooth devices.
- Armoured Leather Jacket – There’s no doubt that a jacket is one of the main forms of protection that will come between you and the road in an accident. And, while most riders know that leather is important, the armoured jacket goes one step further in keeping you safe. Certain areas of the body like the elbows and the shoulders are more likely to sustain considerable injury. In the event of an accident, an armoured jacket can ensure that you have added protection against any impact. If you’re considering this option, you may want to check out your local motorcycle accessories shop to see what they have in store.
- Plugfones Motorcycle Earplugs – These earplugs may be expensive, but if you want to ride alongside your favourite tunes they’ll be worth the price! There’s something to be said for getting out on the road at any time, but being able to listen to music is one of the luxuries of the ride. It can be hard for every earplug headphones to truly shield your ears from the wind and excessive noise though. Fortunately, Plugfones offer up great sound quality and provide both foam and silicone earplugs that will fit easily under your helmet. In addition, they’re more comfortable than the average headphone so you won’t have to adjust them while you’re on the road.
- RS Taichi GP EvoPalm Sliders – When it comes to being a motorcycle fanatic, there’s a glove for every season. However, whether or not it’s winter or summer, a pair of palm sliders are important for keeping one of your most vulnerable parts protected: your hands! In addition to durable palm sliders which will keep your skin protected, this superior pair of gloves also features knuckle and finger guards for added security. Whether you order these motorcycle accessories online or get them in a store, they’ll be one of the best gloves you’ll ever have.
- Aerostich Premium Adventure Tool Set – There’s nothing more important than having a top-notch toolset that can go the distance with you. But, there’s more to the right toolset than a hex key and a screwdriver. Fortunately, this impressive toolset will give you everything you need in an easy roll set that you can stuff in your tank bag! In addition to a spark-plug socket tool with three sizes of plugs, this tool kit also features a wrench T-handle with a magnetic hex end, a ratchet with both 3/8 inch and ¼ inch drive adapters, and a variety of hand wrenches. Luckily, it even gives you a little extra space for any other tools you might need for your ride.
Why do I need these accessories?
With so many new accessories cropping up on the market all of the time, it can be hard to convince yourself when to save and when to splurge. However, if you happen to be an avid biker, many of 2019’s must-have accessories will drastically improve the state of your ride. An updated aerodynamic helmet with Bluetooth capability is going to ensure that you can gain speed and also utilize your technology. On the other hand, a set of the right earplugs is going to ensure that you have one of the best things that go along with the freedom of the road: music! While an armoured jacket or a pair of gloves with palm sliders might not seem exciting, one of the most important parts of your ride is feeling safe, and these new and improved duds will do just that.
Our 2019 total motorcycle accessories come highly recommended. However, it can be hard every year to invest in everything that’s new on the market. Around motorcycling and the riding market, there’s set to be so much innovation in the coming years that investing in something big can seem like a waste of money. Fortunately, the right motorcycle accessories for you will be something that never goes out of style. While the safety of your ride is one of the key considerations, the reason that many people get into motorcycling is for the thrill of it. So, balancing out the things that you really need to keep you protected with a little bit of fun will help to balance the motorcycle budget. If there’s more than one big-ticket item that you’re interested in, head online or to your local motorcycle accessories supermarket to get the details on the product. If you’re going to invest the big bucks in an accessory of your choice, make sure you’ve done all the research first.
For those who really love their bikes, there’s always plenty to choose from when you head to your local motorcycle accessories store. Fortunately, some products will provide more value than others and will last you well beyond the year 2019. Whether you’re looking for something technologically up-to-date or a better pair of earplugs, there are always new motorcycle accessories Australia has to offer. And, while some might set you back a pretty penny, there are still quite a few duds that you should be able to squish into your yearly budget.