There are so many things that go into being an avid rider that it’s easy to forget about accessories. Most motorcycle lovers get excited about bike maintenance and road trips. However, motorcycle accessories can be about a lot more than a new tank bag or an innovative license plate holder. In fact, there are plenty of motorcycle accessories Sydney offers that will make you realize there’s a lot more to riding than the thrill of the road!
Whether your zest for accessories gets you excited about the gear or all the bells and whistles, there are duds out there for every rider. Fortunately, you might find that the following Australian motorcycle accessories have an added benefit. They’re sure to amp up your ride and add a boost to the excitement. But they’ll also make for an improved biking experience that can make your Sunday drive or your long-haul adventure a whole lot safer!
Why you need motorcycle accessories?
1. They keep you safe
Bike accessories might seem like a great extra that can improve your riding experience. Whether it’s a new carry rack or a swank set of headphones, it can help you look forward to the next time you’re on the road. However, a lot of the extras can help to keep you safe on the road. For example, motorcycle crash bars can be a means of protecting your lower half when you come too close to the pavement on an epic turn. Likewise, you may want to invest in an extensive tool kit, but it can also get you back on the road in the event of an accident. It can be easy to think that an accessory is just an accessory. But the right accessory can make you much safer than your ride would have been without it!
What are the must-have bike accessories?
Each year, there’s a host of different motorcycle accessories from a variety of manufacturers to tempt the riding enthusiast. And, while a few might add a lot of road fun, they’ll also keep your well being in mind.
2. Helmets are a must – You’ll need a motorcycle helmet before you even think of getting on the back of your bike. However, you might not be aware that most motorcycle accidents primarily impact the face, so you definitely shouldn’t skip out. It’s worth realizing that helmets are designed to dissipate the momentum that would impact your head in the event of a crash. So, make sure this is your first motorbike accessories purchase!
3. Boots must be sturdy – Footwear seems like an easy thing to take for granted when it comes to riding. However, your feet are one of the most vulnerable parts of your body in a crash so take care of them! Make sure that you choose a boot that is sturdy and durable, and one that you think will hold up in the event of an accident. A boot that has armour or steel throughout it is even better!
4. Gloves offer all-weather protection – For the average person or the novice to motorcycling,
the purpose of gloves might not seem readily apparent. But, gloves are designed to keep riders protected so that sweat doesn’t impact their gripping capability. As well, they should also be able to protect the rider if their hands come into contact with the pavement in an accident. While you’ll need different gloves for different days, they can protect from all kinds of road and weather conditions.
Everything First-time Motorcycle Riders Need to Know?
If you’re pretty new to the world of motorcycling, there’s a lot to learn. From bike maintenance to how to get out on the road to wearing the right gear, you won’t run out of interesting motorcycling facts. But, there are a few other accessories tips that can keep you safe on the road.
5. The right pants protect – A pair of jeans might be a familiar look when it comes to a long-haul road trip. However, denim isn’t necessarily going to protect you when you go down. Instead of springing for jeans, consider investing in some armoured pants that will protect your knees and your hips. Sure, you might feel pretty cool in your favourite pair of jeans, but they simply don’t have the same ability to protect you. Luckily, there are still plenty of protective gear options that will keep you looking cool.
6. Don’t forget layers – Some new rider might get a kick out of all the things that the avid rider can fit into their motorcycle tank bags. But, there are more things that you should stuff in them than just clothing for the weather shifts. Layering your clothing effectively is the key to staying comfortable on the road and making your ride count. It might seem like added layers mean too much warmth. But, if you choose fabrics that have wicking properties even a couple of layers will keep the air flowing.
7. Always check the tire tread – The right motorcycle tire can certainly function as an accessory. However, with or without the newest tire model, how your tires are functioning is one of the most important parts of keeping your ride in check. While it’s important to have the right air pressure in your tires for better handling, you’ll also want to ensure there is no damage and the tread isn’t completely worn away. Before you head out on the road, double-check and make sure your tires are looking road ready.
There are plenty of motorcycle accessories Australia offers that will get you excited about getting onto your bike, no matter the plan for the day. But it can be easy to forget that many items function to keep you safe on the road and offer the total motorcycle accessories experience. Instead of leaving it up to chance, invest in the right gear and a good helmet so you can feel safe and assured while you ride. There may not be any guarantees on the road, but the right accessories can go a long way towards keeping you in the clear.